In peace and in pies we trust. Photo by Natalie Maynor.
FIVE GRAND, FIVE DAYS
THANK YOU in advance for providing financial contributions, comments, smarts, and time. Your expressions of support are the reason we continue publishing The Independent.
HOW TO DONATE
Donate online with a credit card.
Mail a check to:
Independent Media Publications
PO Box 391620
Cambridge, MA 02139
Donate by Facebook Cause
*Network for Good does not provide contact information for donors. We will not be able to send you a personal thank you.
We only ask once a year. And because of our dedicated team of volunteers, our request is very modest: Five Grand is the bare minimum needed to keep The Independent going through 2013. Here’s what we’ve given you in 2012:
- We made significant progress toward our efforts to preserve the history of Association of Independent Video and Filmmakers (AIVF) by forging a partnership with University of Massachusetts Amherst Library. UMass will house the organization archives and help us digitize the entire print collection of The Independent Film & Video Monthly. Learn more about our Archive Preservation Project.
- We reported from Sundance, Rendez-Vous with French Cinema, New Directors/New Films, SXSW, Salem Film Fest, Independent Film Festival Boston, Tribeca, Dallas VideoFest, the 50th New York Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, DOC NYC, Festival du Nouveau Cinema, and most recently, IDFA.
- We looked back at the joy of editing 16mm film on a Steenbeck with filmmaker Ralph Arlyck and gave voice to three filmmakers, Sara Archambault, Jenny Alexander, and Anna Fitch on the topic of motherhood and moviemaking.
- We added two crucial members to our team of staff writers. Welcome Rebecca Reynolds and Neil Kendricks, both of whom have already made valuable contributions to the publication. Meanwhile, staff writer Maddy Kadish takes on a new role as senior producer and will be heading up our 10 to Watch in 2013 coverage.
- We brought you one of our favorite features, 10 to Watch in 2012, with fun “extras” on Facebook.
- We believed in the story that you need and want to tell–without strings, without bias–for an audience that respects and demands independence.
Every individual demonstration of support enables us to keep bringing you word from the streets and the fields of independent media-making.
In addition to those who participated in interviews or acted as sources, the following people gave their time, expertise, & support to publish our stories in 2012:
Nathaniel Robin Mann