The Hampton Doc Festival is accepting submissions until the end of June for the 2021 festival.
The Hamptons Doc Fest is a 10-day festival focusd on “all docs all day,” The festival screens approximately 35 films including features and shorts in a hybrid of virtual and live in-theater screenings. The festival dates for 2021 are December 3 to December 12 and will include screenings, discussions, panels, and awards.
The festival provides a platform for emerging and experienced filmmakers to showcase their work to local communities and new audiences.
The Hamptons Doc Fest is now accepting submissions until June 25, 2021. The late deadline is set for July 16, 2021.
Submissions for the festival should follow the following guidelines
- Length: Shorts: 1-15 minutes/ Features: 41-180 minutes
- HDF does not accept works-in-progress
- Only work completed after January 2020 will be considered
- Applicants must provide a properly completed official application through FilmFreeway
- Format: accepts secure, password protected links (Vimeo, private Youtube, etc) as long as the link is not public
- Regular deadline fee: $50 per feature/$40 per short
- Late deadline fee: $65 per feature/$45 per short
The festival will contact applicants by October 4, 2021 with information on exhibition format and delivery date deadlines. HDF expects all filmmakers to secure music and talent rights to their films for festival exhibition. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the projects to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question.
More details on submitting to the festival can be found here.